Tuesday 18 September 2018

Night - Afterthought #3

Hmmm... Lately, I've had my inspiration at night. After I took a deep shower (nope, only 10 minutes), after a long commute, and so on, and so on, I felt like aha... I got this... Then, here we are...

This is a story of my life... and once again, only my opinion though. You might have other opinions.

Well, I am gonna talk about the quote below...


Is it true? that:

We buy things we don't need with the money we don't have to impress people we don't like?



Let me tell you my story about my friend. Tbh, I don't really like to call him/her with a friend. In my opinion, friend/s is/are someone or people that really close to you, whom you can share, talk to, support each other, will be there for you and you will be there for them. So let's call him/her "friend", using the apostrophe.

In the beginning, I felt like nothing was wrong with him/her. He/she was just fine and seemed nice. A day after days, he/she always talked about the same thing, about his/her s.o. again and again. About how perfect his/her so, about how rich was his/her s.o. Well, I didn't really mind about that, I was happy for him/her. It is not easy to find such perfect s.o. right? So of course, I was happy for him/her. I even thought that they were suite each other.

But lately, I did not know why he/she began acting strangely. Or maybe he/she just showed his/her true self? Well, I don't really know or I don't really care. It started when he/she broke up. At first, he/she denied that they were broke up, and I know that up until now, he/she doesn't move on yet.

Short story,
He/she began telling lie, showed off about anything, whined about anything food, his/her work, but pretended that he/she was the perfect one among us while gave us an advice he/she barely did? We thought that maybe he/she would change someday. But, nope, we were wrong.
You might think that we don't tell or give advice to him/her, but trust me. We all already did. Unfortunately, every time, we, especially I, told him/her about his/her bad habit, he/she would be mad about us, even he/she thought that we didn't have the right to tell him/her to do so.

Let me give you some example.
One thing I do not like about him/her (until now), that he/she was always rude to people who were below his/her level, such as waiter/waitress, driver, office boy, even some of his/her friends. He/she rarely used polite sentences (for example when he/she asked the office boy to buy him/her some food, "Cepet ya Pak, saya laper!). As I worked with him/her, I knew that he/she rarely used "please".

Well darling, if you wanted people to respect you, you should respect other too.


Another example:
Once, he/she asked me where I bought my clothes. At that time, I wore a jacket and jeans from Uniqlo. Soon, he/she began to buy everything from Uniqlo. Whenever I had to work in other cities (with him/her too), he/she always looked for Uniqlo. I know that sometimes good brands have good quality. But that doesn't mean that I always buy some fancy clothes.

More example:
One thing that I pity him/her that he/she lay about his/her stuff. Such as he/she told me and my friends that he/she had a fiance, already met their parents, exchanged ring. But, we never saw him/her with his/her fiance in real life or in photos even on his/her phone. He/she even didn't want to show his/her fiance to us. That's quite bizarre and funny. Why was it funny? Because, soon after his/her ex had an engagement party, he/she told us the same thing. Why would people not want to show his/her fiance? Didn't you love him/her?

And now, suddenly he/she told us that he/she had a crush on many people. My friends told me that he/she wanted to build his/her image, which is how perfect his/her life, continuing school in favourite and well known and top universities, many people liked him/her, always hang out with different friends (opposite gender) but he/she quite seldom hang with us a whole time (after photo session, bye... he/she would be gone by saying he/she had another appointment), used branded things, and so on.

I know that you might think that I'm meddling into people's life. Well, actually I don't really care, but my friends always told me about him/her and I feel kinda pity. In my opinion, do you really need to exaggerate things? What for? To get recognition from others? But do you think that you should do that to impress people that we know that you don't even like?

So, if you really buy the things that you don't need with the money that actually you don't have to impress people that you don't even like, then, what will you get in your life in exchange? Are you happy now Do you satisfy with your own life?

In my opinions nowadays, people tend to show off their things, such as how far and how often they travel, where they hang out with friends, things that they've bought, and many else. Sometime people who see that will be jealous of you. It's either you are the one who jealous or make jealous. I don't think that both of them are good.

I've ever been in both situations when I got jealous of my friend (not the one in the story) when I saw their social media. I've ever thought that how lucky they are. Why couldn't I be like them? I really envy their working places, their activities, and so on. On the other hand, I know that I've ever made my friends envy me, too. Because, sometimes, when I wanted to post something on social media, especially Instagram, I used to have some thought that it had to look perfect, it showed good and nice working place, travelled a lot, a good boyfriend, and many else.

That's the reason that now, I delete an Instagram application from my phone. After that I feel happy, I could enjoy my life, my life becomes more enjoyable, I don't care about other people's lives and so they would. I fell like that I stress less. Moreover, I'm enjoying real life.

In the end, what do you think about the quote above? Have you ever been in that situation? Do you have another opinion?


Ps: Some of the sentences are in the past, that is the reason I used past tense. But, in my opinion, and present situation (when I write this post), I will use present tense. Sometimes I mixed them into one paragraph, it means that they still happen at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment