Sunday 13 December 2015

Karigurashi no Arrietty (借りぐらしのアリエッティ)


This movie was made by Studio Ghibli, 2010. I want to review this movie independently. I loved this movie. Since, I watched it today, noon, I want to give you some review about this movie.

Karigurashi no Arrietty (借りぐらしのアリエッティ) or The Secret World of Arrietty (in English) is about some borrowers, Arrietty’s family, that live with the human world. Borrowers are four-inch-tall people who live anonymously in other people’s house. They are borrowing simple items which are seldom been noticed by a human for their own goods at home.

One day, a little boy, named Sho, stay for the summer at his aunt house where Arrietty lived. When Sho arrived, he noticed about Arrietty’s existence even in a glimpse.

At night, it was Arrietty’s first time to borrow sugar and tissue. So, she went with her dad to borrow. After obtaining a sugar cube, they went around to bedroom where Sho slept. They enter through a hollow wall into a dollhouse. Unfortunately, Sho saw Arrietty when she tried to take a tissue from his table. Startle, she dropped the sugar cube. Then, they quietly left and went home.

The next morning, Sho left the sugar cube in front of ventilation. Her dad warned her not to take because their existence must be kept secret from humans. Despite that, Arrietty sneaked out to see Sho in his bedroom and dropped the sugar cube in order to let him know that she was there. Arrietty told him to leave her family alone. But that day, his father decided that they had to move out.

The problems came when Sho tried to give the Arrietty family a kitchen from the dollhouse. Unfortunately, Haru noticed their existence and captured Arrietty’s mother. With Sho’s help, they saved Arrietty’s mother. But they had to leave quickly.

In their farewell, Sho gave her a sugar cube and told Arrietty that she gave him courage for him to live through the operation. In return, Arrietty gave him her hair clip as a token of remembrance. In the end, Sho said that Arrietty is part of him that he will not forget.

I love this movie. There are some quotes from this movie that I love. Such as:

Sometimes you have to fight for the things that are worth fighting for.

You are part of me now, I will never forget you.

Many more.

In this movie, we learn to have some brave and courage in ourselves. Sometimes things aren’t going well as we expect to. But we have to overcome it.

If you like Studio Ghibli, I’ll really recommend you to watch this movie. You will really like this movie a lot. I’ve already watched it several times. I’ve ever watched it twice in a day and I never get bored.


PS: you are part of me now, I will never forget you. But I’m not you’re the one, right? So, farewell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment