Monday 23 December 2019

My Spotify in 2019

First thing first, happy vacation... Yes for you... for any of you that read my post when you are on holiday or vacation.

So let's begin with my Spotify story...
I already used Spotify for a long time ago. I like those because I don't need to download or save any music on my phone. It really saved me a lot, because my phone doesn't have much storage. I forget when the first time I downloaded and used Spotify. 

PS: I always use English as my language for both desktop and mobile apps for my Spotify. But, for the website, somehow I couldn't change the language from Bahasa into English. Therefore, I will translate them partially for you. 

***



It said that my music changes randomly.
Here is for the snapshot from January to November
January to February

March to May

June to August

September to November

You might notice one thing about the screenshot. Even if my taste in music rather changes randomly in 2019 (from January to November) but you could see the same picture. Do you notice that??? Hehehe... yep, they are Simple Plan, The Script, and Maroon 5. For Simple Plan and The Script, I have the whole their album in my Spotify. I really love both bands. They are so great. Their songs are really good to accompany me in every situation and in my every randomly mood changing. 

Now, my top favourite artist is... (I guess you might already know, right?)
Yep, correct answer...
My favourite artist is (drum roll...)
Simple Plan

From the Spotify summary: I listen to their song for almost 136 hours (the total hours might not be too much, because I also listen to other artists).

My favourite song from Simple Plan (based on Spotify) is I'm Just a Kid. Well, let's talk about this song (I'm just a kid). Actually, I love their song. Not only I'm just a kid, but also their other songs. I'm just a kid is their song in Album of No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls. It's an old song. I begin to like and listen to their song since I was in Junior High School. I like the lyrics. For now, I like when the lyric says
I woke up it was 7
I waited 'till 11
to figure out that no one would calls
I think I got a lot of friends
But I don't hear from them 
What's another night all alone

Have you ever thought that sometimes people would look for you but the reality they don't? Hahahaha, perhaps it's not related at all. But once again, I just like the lyrics. Nothings related to my experience though.

Next is 5 top artists in my Spotify...



Well, what do you expect? I told you, you will see The Script, Maroon 5, Secondhand Serenade (I kind of shocked that he will appear as my top artist, though), and L'arc en Ciel.

At the first time, I don't listen to their whole songs. But once, I like one of their songs, I begin to search other songs and end up to listen to all of their albums. That's how I become to like my top artist, except Secondhand Serenade. I guess in the meantime of January to November, I felt down, therefore I like to listen to Secondhand Serenade songs because most of his songs are about broken-hearted. You don't need to be broken-hearted to listen to their songs. Sometimes you felt down because of your friend, colleague, task, anything, you could listen to his songs.

Following is my music region...

It said that I've been listening to the artist from 31 countries (Wow, that's a lot). I do not expect that. They are:
  • South Korea (Mamamoo)
  • Irlandia (The Script - of course 💗)
  • United State of America (Maroon 5)
  • Canada (Avril Lavigne)
  • Swedia (Avicii)
Okay, fine It said that I've been listening artist from 31 countries. I thought Spotify will make some list of the countries, but I'm wrong. They only listed 5 countries. Okay, fine.


Yep, I enjoyed music in many genres. Because I got bored easily, therefore I listen to many things. But overall, my top genre is still the same, Pop. However, I couldn't tell you guys which one is which. Because sometimes I listen based on the songs or the lyrics not the genre. Therefore I'm not quite sure which one is Movie tunes or Dance Pop categories.

Surprisingly, the next one is talked about my favourite songs.

Refer to the screenshot, I could name most of them.
  • Avicii - Without you (Fvck I'm going out without you... isn't it right?)
  • Maroon 5 - What lovers do (WHAT????? Okay no further description)
  • Avicii - Lonely Together (yes I like this song, up until now, I'm still listening to this song. To be honest, I play this song while writing this post)
  • Holychild - Happy with me (Don't remember, either, for this song. But I like the song. So, hey you, why can't you be happy with me?)
  • Selena Gomez - Wolves (no caption or description needed)
  • The Script - Before the worst (No caption needed, I like the lyrics, I just hope... yeah.. I hope before the worst...)
  • Vanessa Carlton - White Houses (I listen to this song occasionally, I guess a lot of things happened to me from January to November) 
  • Maroon 5 - Payphone
  • Maroon 5 - Nothing Last Forever
  • Simple Plan - I'm just a kid
Well, Maroon 5 appears three times, the truth is I don't remember play those songs for the first time. Perhaps, my subconscious clicked them.

Mamamoo - Korea Girl Band

Yep, I've known them in 2019 because of Egoistic. I like the song (Egoistic) and begin to listen to their other songs. The music is different from any other Korea's Girl Band. I like the personnel (Moonbyul, Solar, Hwasa, Wheein), too. Trust me, not your ordinary Girl Band. I seldom to listen Korea Girl Band, until I found them (hehehe). 

I just get informed from Spotify that I've been listening to Spotify from 2016.











Thank you, Spotify for reminding our intimacy... :D


I think 2016 is the most random. I don't even remember what I used to listen. But I used to listen to random things that I could find in the
Home section. Thus, no wonder I don't even remember.



Yeay, once again, The Script appears to be my decade's artist. If you ever come back to Indonesia, surely I will watch your concert over again...
I still remember when you sing Never Seen Anything "Quite Like You". It's a really unforgettable memory.

Well, that's all for my Spotify summary in 2019. 
How's about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment