Tuesday 24 September 2019

The Fourth Job

Hello again,
Actually, I used to write my job after I resign. But, perhaps, I want to resign so I write about it?
Well, at this moment, I'm not quite sure about that... That's okay, here is my fourth job at a private company.

updated on:
17th June 2020
19th August 2020



Finally I quit my job and moved on. Somehow, I feel relieved.
It's not that I don't thank much. It's not that I couldn't do under pressure job. I just don't think that I could do much to improve myself. I really thanked for my previous job that I could learn so many things. I could learn how to handle people more, how to did many things without appreciation.
(~ updated by Yuri - 17 June 2020)

Note:
I've been reading a lot about this again. Then somehow, I know that I'm a bit harsh. So I updated again on 19th August 2020

First of all, I want to tell you a screenshot that I saved when I browsed 9gag a few months ago.


Don't quit your job just because you're unhappy. Your bills don't care if you're happy or not.

Somehow, this quotes could be true. I know it's hard to stick with your job even if you aren't happy. But that's the truth, your bill don't care whether you are happy or not with your job.

Why do I write this? Am I not happy? 

Yep, I wasn't happy back that. I'm not happy. But I do learn a lot. I never thought that the fourth job will be my long lasting job. But I used to be happy and I was really glad that I could be accepted in the fourth job.
 

Let me explain about my job.

Was it the same as the one when I applied back then? No. Absolutely not. (I'm sorry that I don't remember what it used to be). But I will tell you about that job.

The task actually were changing quickly and so the leader. I had been lead by 3 leader up until I chose to resign. I had pro and cons for all of them. 2 of them were from Indonesia, and the third or the last from Malaysia. I learn a lot from three of them.

Back to topic, so my tasks were related to the GIS (Geography Information System) and adhoc or office document. Yep, I needed to handle some of office documents and some of administration, such as Invoice, Office Letter, and also the import permit. Nope, I wasn't from legal. I was graduated from geography major. I didn't know a lot about the import permit, but I had a little bit of experience in import or export permit when I was in third job. I used to handle the FLEGT VPA one of my previous project in my previous company. In short, I need to handle the legal document for import or/and export goods for the company, especially for field data collection equipment or anything related to Custom or any permit related to other ministries.

I was okay with that. I used to like that task a lot. In GIS, I needed to handle the surveyor for data collection and I used to validated some of the data from vendor for places in Indonesia. I also handle some project in South East Asia. It was a really heavy responsibilities. Thank you that I really learn a lot.

I would be really busy at the beginning and also at the end of the month, because I needed to ensure the payment for vendor, for office supplies (yes, I handled about the office supplies or pantry and I would fill them up with my favorite or my friends favorite). Moreover, since I was a little bit perfectionist or you might call me over achiever, everything must be perfect according to my plan. Up until now, I like everything that organize well and go well smoothly and perfectly. I like to have a detail plans and come up with the back up plans. I like to meet up the deadline even if I couldn't get enough sleep. Yep, I am that person. Until now and I always be.

Of course, as I mentioned previously, the tasks changed quickly. But once again, I was and am glad, therefore I could learn about the data collection, validated data, and also got in charge in vendor management. 

Then everything changed. 

I got pushed and stucked in the box that I don't want to be. In short, in new structure, I couldn't ask my colleague even if it was related to my jobs or previously it was handled by them.


The tasks are changing quickly and so the leader. At some point, it didn't even relate to my educational background. I have to handle the import goods for the company. My company is engaged in spatial data. We need to collect data using imported equipment that could not be purchased in Indonesia.

At first, my job seems to be fine. It's not the same as the application that I apply, but I am really okay with the previous task.The company is used its own application, so it is really new for me. Many of them have more experience in this company than me. But, unfortunately, I got scold when I got caught asking about the previous report to the previous owner. I got a little down. Because I needed to know everything without getting the previous information. This was my turning point that I couldn't be like this.
 
However, things weren't smooth as I wanted to be. I tried to bargain but failed.  So, I had 2 main tasks (which one is handling Indonesia from end to end and one is handling 1 project for many countries - SEA), 2 supporting tasks, 3 backup tasks. Moreover, I have to handle an office document. Kind of GA tasks and some events.

I tried to discuss with my supervisor but all I got was it was my fault that my task was so many. Because I used to think it was so many that the task became so many.

I also used to get the conversation by others that I don't have anything to do or I wasn't busy enough. I don't know what their intention by saying those things. Perhaps they wanted to show that they have many things to do. Meanwhile, sometimes, i saw them just doing online shopping, browsing something that unrelated to the task. Have I ever told you about that? No, because that's none of my business. Fair? It's okay to be not fair. That's life.

So in this post, I just wanted to change a lot of text that I have written about. Because I feel that I'm already over it. I really thank you for the chance that given to me so I could have a job in this well-known company so I could meet a lot of wonderful and talented people.

I also want to thank you for being my friends and we will always be... That you always listen to my story in the toilet... yep, in toilet whether we were in doubt or else... Thank you for letting me know and entrusted me with your story... Thank you so much that we could end up meeting, hanging, and chatting...

Notes:
Here are some bonus for you... Picture of us... Thank you...

This was the first time that I handled office event. It was on August or September or October ( I forget)
 
This was another event that I handled (Yep, I also handled some office events). This event was for He For She for celebrating International Women's Day (forgive my round face... sorry not sorry)
 
This was my last team building... Sorry I didn't keep the first team building photo in my phone.
 
Also a picture from last team building

My last year end party... We were watching movie together (I forget the movie)
 
 
They were my subordinate to collect the data... Yes I was surrounding with male/boys... Problem, much?

Once again, thank you so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment