Wednesday 13 February 2019

Why I Uninstall Instagram

Maybe.. just maybe or perhaps that some of you might notice that I had already vacuumed from Instagram since August 2018. On 11th of August 2018 for precisely.



Now, I have installed Instagram and give a trial for my mind. Should I uninstall forever and delete my account or just temporary?



There were several reasons why I uninstalled Instagram.

It is toxic to my soul and my mind

1. Instagram means stalking people

I used to stalk many people on Instagram. Even though I know that I will hurt me, I keep on doing that. I will stalk several people on Instagram. Yes, I do admit that I used to see other's people life on Instagram. It was unbearable to see their feed or story and yet I kept on doing that. I even used to search my friend ex-boyfriend. I know it was silly. At the first time, my friend asked me to do that. She wanted to know what he was doing back then, who he was with. Slowly, I custom to seek their information through Instagram.

2. I sometimes do feel envy

In my opinion, Instagram is a place for you to show off what you have got or what you have achieved or else. I know sometimes it is positive. But I don't want to lie that sometimes I do feel envy. I often compare their chapter with mine. Sometimes, especially in my low condition, whenever I feel inferior, it became worst if I see Instagram. I used to think a lot. Why I could not be like that, why I could not have something like that, why and why. Again, there were so much "I wish..." in my mind. Everyone has their own path, their own pace, we could not compare their chapter to ours. I did know that but my mind was denying that. 

3. Instagram is a place to show off

(Again, it is only my opinion, you might against mine. 😊) Whenever I wanted to post both Instastory or feeds, sometimes I felt like I wanted to show people what I had got, what I had achieved, how perfect that I had got. I knew that there might be some people who were jealous of me and might even dislike or hate me, but keep stalking on me.

4. It was fake

Well, this is not mine. But, I have a friend that only focused with his/her Instagram. Whenever, we gathered for lunch, dinner, or etc, he/she would be busy with his/her Instagram. He/she would post about us in his/her Instagram, but he/she was not there for us. Too focus with his/her Instagram. He/she would not even listen to our story or else. As long as he/she had something to post, he/she would not care about the topic that we would discuss.

5. You lose the value of moment

Have you seen people that always capture every moment? It is up to them actually. But, don't you get tired? For example, you watched concert and all you had done is for uploading into social media such as Instagram. Why don't you just enjoy the concert or the moment? I know that some people want to have some memento to remember, but should you do it all the time, a whole time without enjoying just to show off your followers? - it is not mine either.

---

Well, I know that since 1st February 2019, I re-install Instagram. Nevertheless, I am still not used to playing Instagram. I am afraid that my old bad habit would come back again. 

I'm not saying that Instagram is a bad influence or else. It's just in line with my previous posting about "Good Use of Social Media" (for further information you might click here), social media could become positive and even useful for us, for example you could get in touch with your old friends, you could communicate with many people and share some thoughts, knowledge, or information. Moreover, many online shop use Instagram to promote or advertise their products. It is good, isn't it? On the contrary, social media could become negative and might harm the user.

Once again...
Hence, use Instagram in a good way, everyone can see and judge you on what you show.

No comments:

Post a Comment