Saturday 6 April 2019

Third Job

"Morning will come, it has no choice"
-Marty Rubin-

Hey...
It's my third job. Soon after I resign from the Ministry of Public Works and Housing, I got offered in Sucofindo (from now on, I called SCI).
I started since January 2016 and I resigned at the end of June 2018. The longest job that I've ever had up until now (Well, since I don't know what will happen in the future).

Actually, I've always wanted to write about my third job. I remember that I have made some draft for this post. But, unfortunately, I couldn't find the draft. Moreover, I have to spend my time searching for a picture of my desk.

Well, I thought that I did not have my desk picture from the third job. But, yeay... I have found them. It is not really nice though.. But, you might have pictures from my desk.
There are two pictures of them. The first one before I cleaned up my desk, and the second after.

Before
Actually, I forget what happened back then. As I remembered, that day was a busy day or was it?? Instead of finishing my current task, I cleaned up my desk. Why????? How could you work with a messy desk? Of course, I couldn't stand that. Therefore, let me cleaned up my desk first.

After

Tadaaaaaa... 
Above is the picture after I've clean my desk.

Now, first, let's talk about my desk position.
As you can see, below is my position at that time (for those pictures above)

Desk Position

You might see two symbols in that picture. The first one is a circle. The circle was the first day in 15 days at SCI. Thank God that I didn't have the picture since the desk looked so messy. I don't know how could people work in that messy desk.
Later on, one of my colleagues was resigned and I moved into his desk (the star symbol). You might see on the sticky note his name. Yes, I didn't want to remove the sticky notes. Why should I?

Actually, I moved again in February 2018. But from February 2016 until January 2018, I was in the star symbol. I called it a little fortress. Why? Since I arrange all of my office utensils in a fortress position. Therefore, people who entered the office could not see me. If they wanted to check whether my absence, they had to look up right in front of my desk. What a clever idea right?

(Sssssttt... I was not a good employee. Sometimes, I liked being lazy by doing other stuff besides office tasks, such as searching for universities, update the blog, searching for potential news, jobs, or even scholarship. Well, I did that when I was idle. DON'T GET ME WRONG!)

Same as previous, there are so many colleagues that had the same age as me. Even they are one year or older than me.

The title of my job was Government Relation Officer II. My tasks were to provide the data, especially for international tender. Preparing the report or the presentation. For the instant, I could be an official representative or picture in charge of several projects. I also had to arrange a meeting with the client or with other experts.

The tasks were not so different from my previous ministry. There was upside down in this office. So many things happen. Forgive me for I could not tell you all of them.

Meanwhile, I would like to divide these parts into 3 parts. Uniform, tasks (lil bit detailed), and friends or colleagues.

***

First - Uniform

In this office, I got two uniforms for Monday and Tuesday. The rest I might use formal clothes such as a shirt, blouse, and I had to wear skirts or long pants (no jeans allowed).

Jreng... Jreng... here are the uniform (once again, sorry not sorry my selfie, I don't have the full body uniform though).

Monday Uniform

Above was the uniform for Monday. It looked like there were 2 clothes (shirt + blazer). But, the truth was it was only 1 clothes. I did not like the uniform since it had a low collar and I had to pin up my clothes whenever I wore it.

Tuesday Uniform 


The second was the uniform for Tuesday. It looked like a factory uniform. Once again, I did not really like it.

To be honest, I seldom to wear both clothes. The fabrics were not good and of course, the designs were not good. The third reason was both clothes were the only left. Since I was a new employee, I had to take whatever they were. Simply, I could not choose the size.

There was a drama when I got clothes. There are other employees in my side (right side from the entrance door). But, that employee did not receive his uniform, while I was the new one, got it quickly. I even got the facility that I got from the previous one.

Yep, for the matter of fact, I never apply for any position in SCI. They offered me the job, and I did bargain to get the same facilities from the previous. It was my right to do so.

Another reason that I did not like the uniform was at that time I usually had to go out of the office, to meet the client. I did not think the uniform proper enough to meet the client. Thus, I decided to not wear that often. I only wear the uniform if only there were any morning call on Monday or Tuesday.

Day by day, and in the middle of the year, the company decided to change uniforms once again. Here were uniforms in SCI.

Tuesday's uniform

Monday's Uniform
If I had to choose between the previous, I would definitely choose the second one. Even though the uniforms were not really comfortable, but those really helped me a lot, especially when I got confused about which kind of clothes I would wear. 😁



***
Second - Tasks

There was never a written task for me as Government Relation Officer. As a matter of fact, in the interview, I honestly said that I did not know what kind of position I applied to and of course I didn't know the tasks. Even the interviewer asked me about the person who gave me the vacancy. 

I knew that I was blessed enough and of course I thank God that I got accepted easily and I could move from one to another company without being jobless. 

Well before you think bad about me, let me tell you the fact:
I DID NOT ASK THIS KIND OF POSITION!
I got the job because I was capable of. I took the employee test and I got the highest score. So? 😒

Moreover, I enjoyed being the government relation officer to become the representative for the company. Meeting with the client, making some reports.
Yes. My tasks were preparing the tender especially for International Institution or International Tender (using English), arranging the meeting, and so on.

One of the meetings

Basically, they are 2 different position in LSI -my division (in simplify). They were supporting and operational. Supporting had the task to support the operation to conduct the project. For example, preparing transportation, preparing for tender and etc. I was part of the operational. In operational actually, you had to prepare the materials including the technical proposal and budgeting. There were two people in that team (including me). I got to prepare the technical proposal or any technical operation, such as maintaining the surveyor, making sure the surveyor finished on time, communicating with the clients, and of course, quality check the data given both from surveyor and experts. I even had to go to the site to check the surveyor works, whether they were truly understanding about the task given or not. Sometimes, I had to prepare risk management if there were any trouble regarding the project. One thing that I found a lil bit difficult was that I had to make some difficult decisions to overcome the trouble.

Another side job that I had to do at that time was sometimes I made some itinerary for many events. Including the project even or post-project event. Since we had to conduct many events for projects such as pre-meeting, workshop, training of trainee (ToT), and (keep it secret okay.. :D) after the project, we would like to have some traveling as a team, and of course, I was the one who arranged the travel. I quite liked that job, because I like doing things in order. I feel delighted if everything is under control and the event went smoothly.

Sometimes, I also attended or conduct the COP meeting (I forget the abbreviation). Those were really good to improve your knowledge. Since the COP held by other division or team, we could get to know what others did that time.
COP Meeting

Well, that was all that I could tell you about my previous job...

Now.. let's next to part-3

***
Third - Friends

I have many friends in my previous. We even had a group name called PINK. The name is basically random. We still meet with each other whenever we could. Well, they are Mba Bunga, Ratih, Mba Sheilla, Mba Wiwi, and Mba Inni.


Left Above to Right below (Mba Bunga, Mba Wiwi, Mba Inni, Me, Ratih)

This one was taken when we decided to have lunch outside the office. When we saw a photo booth, we decided to have a group photo.
Although Mba Sheilla was no longer at LSI, she moved into Finance Division called KAK, we still hang around together after office hour.


Left to Right (Mba Bunga, Mba Sheilla, Me)
These were taken when we celebrated the State-Owned Enterprise or else (I forget about this, too) before Mba Sheilla moved into KAK Division. 
As I remember, we had a long walk around Cikini. I forget where we started. That time, I totally was being late due to unpredictable train. Therefore, I arrived when the walk ended. The second memorable thing was, actually they asked us to wear long pants or jogging pants. Instead of jogging pants or pants, I wore those short pants. At the first time, I told it was kind of weird that people looking at me. But, soon after that, I realized that I was the one who was mistaken. Opsie. 

Bonus Photo... :)
I really miss you guys... See you soon...
***

Well, that's all I could tell you about my previous office. Maybe, I will add some information or not. Sometimes I have an idea what I want to tell you, but I could not write it down. So, maybe I could edit this post later on.

One thing that you could get (unimportant) from my third job is that I was getting fat in this office. Regret? Not really. I had so much fun. So much miserable things and yet memorable. Unique but please don't preserve that... 😝

In fact, this post is the most takes time for me to write. It took me more than two weeks to finish the post. Moreover, I feel like I am in a rush in finishing this post. So, please forgive me if there is something disconnected between one to each other. 

***

PS: This was the first time that I really thought about whether I should move into another company or not. In fact, they offer me the permanent position since I got a high score in the employment test and I got many talents to contribute to this company (as my SV told me). But one thing related to another, I ended up resign and move to another company. Did I regret it or not? 

"Three things you cannot recover in life:
- The moment after it's missed
- The word after it's said
- and, the time after it's wasted"
~Searching from Google

No comments:

Post a Comment