Saturday 19 December 2020

My Spoiled Handsome Furry Boss

Hi, where have you been? It has been a long time since we have talked. So, how are you doing?

It is a little story about my kitten, named Kaka.

Hi! I am Kaka. Nice to meet you

No, he is not. He is not a purebred cat. I did not buy the kitten or get him from anyone. 

He came to my house to ask for food and shelter. Yep, that is a true story.

I still remember that time. It was on Wednesday, 15th July 2020, around 7:20 p.m. I was finishing my daily routine (that time, doing some aerobic, lol), then suddenly, I heard a kitten noise. It sounded low. Then, I and my sister, we looked at the alley, the sounds came from the side alley of my house (yes, the side yard of the house, it looked more like an alley rather than a yard). We saw two kittens, the yellow one and the white one. They were small and weak.

I did not know what to do. I have not had a cat before. We took some decision to give the kitten some milk -bear brand, after looked for the internet. Next, my sister tried to order some kitten food from the nearest mini-market. They were thirsty and hungry. They finished the milk and wet kitten food.

I, my sister, and my mother discussed whether we should adopt them or not. My mother did not like the cats because they smelled awful and liked to throw up. Based on previous experience that sometimes the stray cat throw up or litter in front of our house. But, they were so cute and fragile, I begged my mother that we had to take care of them. My sister and my father also agreed with me, so we decided to raise them. I put them in the box with an old towel and cover them with mosquito net.

We had some concerns that they might disappear the next morning. I thought if they stayed, I will keep them and take good care of them. But, if they had been gone, I would be okay and let them go.

Kaka, when he was in side alley, after a couple of days

They decided to stay! Yeay. I gave them some food, buy the litter box, a proper cage, another kitten food. I cleaned their litter and washed them with a wet towel and of course I dried them with another towel. At that time, I did not know that it could harm them if I did not perfectly dry them with a hairdryer. Then we named them Kaka and Didi. Kaka is white with black polka dots, and Didi is the yellow one and small. I am sorry that I do not have Didi's picture. It still breaks my heart. 

Unfortunately, they came to our house in a sick condition. Didi's illness was the worst. She had some diarrhoea and did not have any appetite. While Kaka's situation was a little bit better, he still craved for the food. We thought it was because of the bear brand milk. Then, I took them to the vet on Saturday (after three days), because they were still in diarrhoea. 

The veterinarian was suspicious that they might have Panleukopia (a cat disease, really dangerous and typical in a stray cat, especially for a kitten). Kaka was 0.8 kg while Didi was only 0.5 kg. Didi's leg also fractured. The vet gave them some medicine to cure the diarrhoea. After coming back from the vet, both of them looked healthy and play along together.

Sadly, it is not a happy ending story. Didi's condition was becoming worsen. I took her once again to vet on Monday, she tried her best, but she could not make it. 

Soon after that, Kaka's condition also worsened. Luckily, we realized that sooner and hurried up to the vet. Yep, both of them got Panleukopenia. Didi was died due to that illness. That time, I only had one thing in my mind, I did not care the price for putting Kaka in hospital, I only wanted him to be alive and healthy again.

I will tell you the story about Panleukopenia in next post. The struggle and else.

Yes, he was. Now, he is in fully healthy. I brought him to vet monthly to the vaccine and regular check-up. Perhaps, we spoiled them too much, but he is our baby. Day by day, my mother loves him, too. We also keep him as an indoor cat and not let him play outside our house even if in our yard. Because I will not let anything harmed him.

Kaka is in one of his bed, sleeping

He is now becoming a spoiled cat. We will spoon-feed him (literally using a spoon) and carry him like a baby. Funny things, if he sleeps in my rooms, then I leave the room, he will wake up crying and look for us. But he is naughty and likes to explore inside our home. He is curious but afraid of a stranger.

Trying to not to sleep while playing

No worries, we always give him a kitten food that proper for his age and never give him human food. Therefore, he is never stealing our food (but he is still curious about our food, then, he will play with that). One funny thing is when my mom cut slice an avocado and spooned feed me. The spoon will make some noise, a similar noise with his spoon. Then, suddenly, he takes a seat next to me and looked at my mom and waiting for the food, too. It was cute because he is so cute.

I even cuter when I sleep

Yep, now he is our furry boss that likes to be spoiled and we love him so much.

What are you looking at hooman?

***

Do you also have some pets at your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment